Sunday, April 09, 2006

gala rundown

The Library Gala was fabulous - thank you to everyone who came to our pre-party - we didn't actually take any pictures of the guys who were there. Also, congratulations to Steven and Jim who won the trip to France! whoo ha!
Just a couple of pictures to post as I didn't bother with my camera at the event - too many drinks, niblets, etc to try. I loved seeing everyone in line for the oxygen bar (cold air up your nose - yeah, that's it) and the insanity that was the Moon over Mumbai room - who knew socialites would jostle for samoas? I was a successful sober driver to a silly Tall House, Double Cup - he actually was served a beer glass of rum on the rocks - what kind of drink is that? We did catch a threesome in sort of an odd embrace when the elevator door opened . . . I love the idea of the gala set getting it on in the library - but the actual sight is just kind of creepy.
Tons of money was raised for the library and the Summer Reading program - yeah for us!

No comments: