Saturday, November 25, 2006

wisconsin thanksgiving

E was in utter heaven all week as we played in Wisconsin at Nana and Jonesie's house out in the country. He rode on the four-wheeler every day ("I think I need to go check for mail") and even got his own bow and arrow! I missed getting pictures of him with it but Jonesie will send them on soon.
We went for a 12 foot boat ride on my parents' semi-frozen pond. It didn't matter that we didn't get anywhere - just being on a boat is enough when you are 3.

Nana had the prettiest Thanksgiving tree - full of animals and nature ornaments. We did just a bit of shopping - our annual holiday haul at Target on Friday. My cousin Kallie and I always do a big purchase for her wardrobe. I didn't even get to the Christmas section before we all had to leave for the movies.

Thanksgiving Day was lovely - there were ten of us - a perfect number for chatting and playing cards. I made two pumpkin pies and one pecan. And everthing else was delicious. I allowed myself two inches of champagne - I don't think the baby minded.
We tried and tried for the perfect Christmas card shot - that deserves a photoblog of it's own. I couldn't get just the right combination of pose, expression and framing. Finally, we ended Thanksgiving with our traditional fireworks show at the pond. We sat a little too CLOSE and ended up screaming and defending ourselves from sparks - which was exciting and silly and a perfect way to celebrate being together.

No comments: