Friday, December 15, 2006

knitting update

Knitting update - where I come to terms with a failed project, sideline another and celebrate one that's going swell.

Starting with the swell - E's chocolately cabled sweater. I've finished the front and have nearly half of the back done. I am doubling up on the yummy cotton - it's really lovely -Cascade Yarn's Sienna - which I got at Abundant Yarn with a giftcard from Marci (thanks!). It's knitting up so fast and looks so rich. Marci's daughter said, "It looks like she's knitting with chocolate." I love that!













Sideline project. I have to admit it - I really don't like the color choices for Wild Stripes Blankie from Knitty. There are glaring transitions from dull colors to bright and ultrabrights that my eye can't take. I did get some positive feedback from co-workers which makes me think I should finish it and save it for a special baby gift. It is one of those very easy projects to work on at the movies . . .

Project desertion. It is time to say goodbye to the Flowery Jumper - it's just not working out. I have serious problems with intarsia and need to take a class to really understand how to do it without it bunching up. I spent months on this sweater so it's especially hard to admit, but it just isn't working. The hat came out great so I am fashioning a little matching purse for Moo. Maybe the sweater front and back can be an odd shaped pillow for her bed. I am still in love with the pattern and the colors, but I am going to nee d a professional to really understand how intarsia works.
Goodbye jumper!

No comments: