Nana went back to Wisconsin yesterday so today was my first day on my own with Miss Em in over two weeks - we did just fine but we are all missing Nana. We had such a good visit together - it was such a help to have another set of hands to help with Em and a fabu imagination to play with E - but I miss the opportunity to talk about anything and everything with her. We usually talk nearly every day on the phone but being in person is so much better. 

On her last night we went out to see Evening at Cinetopia in those comfy living room chairs (with pillows!) and then went to an adventurous dinner at the current hot spot in town - Le Pigeon. which was fantastic - crab with avocado head cheese, roast quail (not pigeon for us) and beef cheek bourguignon. We tried the signature dessert - cornbread with maple ice cream and bacon bits. I don't need to have it again but it was fun to try. We also had a wine new to both of us - a 100% Malbec from the southwest of France - I hardly ever drink wine not made in OR/WA/CA - with the exception of cheap South African buys from Trader Joe's. It was a great night out - the kind of indulgence Tall House, Double Cup and I used to do almost weekly pre home/kids. It's a must once in a while.
Anyway - we miss you very much Nana!

1 comment:
Isn't that dessert amazing!?
I loved it in a weird sort of way...
Hope you had a happy 4th. Baby E is looking so grown up!
Post a Comment