Monday, March 08, 2010

macrina bakery celebration





Our latest cookbook celebration featured the Macrina Bakery Cookbook. Marf, Auntie Brooke, and I literally stumbled upon this clever, sweet, rustic bakery on our George Michael Seattle excursion. Weeks later I ran into their cookbook at Powell's and picked up one for each of us as a remembrance of our weekend. We set out to create a great brunch with each of us making something from their book. Marissa and Ken joined us and the result was fabulous! The menu included:
Roasted Mushroom and Fontina strata
Rocket Muffins
Jammers
Black Forest Ham and Romano biscuits
fresh fruit & bacon
Mimosas, Bloody Marys, Stumptown Coffee
We joked that we should have provided nap beds for all guests. What a meal! I love Marcina's approach to baked goods - lots of use of molasses, whole grains, jam, and fruit. It's a not to be missed stop in Seattle.
Next up, we tackle the Naked Chef.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Fun! I love this idea. So many of my friends are taking a cookbook and cooking their way through it. I just bought a little Thai cookbook here. Does it count if I ask Yaya to cook her way through it? Wish I could have helped you eat all those yummies!

Life is Good(ell) said...

I think the phrase "next up, we tackle the naked chef" should be used more often in everyday conversation! Mmmm ... everything was delicious. Thanks for including us.