
So it's over. 128 miles notched on our lipstick case along with some blisters, some very raunchy behavior (especially for a group of youth librarians), and finally sleep!Here we are at 5am on Friday morning. I was so amped up on Thursday night that I never went to sleep. This was not good. Somehow the thought of watching TiVo all night didn't strike me as a bad idea - until later of course.
In the end though, sleep did come and was beautiful!
While Marci and I were walking the first leg, the rest of our van hit Voodoo Donuts and presented us with this unique anatomically correct donut. I won't actually write what the name of the donut is but it's title became our signature chant the entire race - which made us very vulnerable to disqualification - no obscene behavior is requested! But obviously, not followed.


The end was such a big relief and I finally got nearly everyone to strike a cheerleader pose with me. The beach was beautiful and Astoria was even more green and lovely. Our rental house was bizarre in a very endearing way - almost like a pink Six Feet Under set. Oh! And I found Danzka grapefruit vodka in a total hole in the wall stop at 2:30am! It was gone by 5pm the next night. Ah. Sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment