
We spent Sunday afternoon at the zoo. I used to get really depressed going to the zoo - I think it was a combination of poorly funded zoos where the facilities just awful (Madison, WI) - but the Oregon Zoon is one of my favorite places. The animals are secondary to the amazing woodsy setting (for me) and the family farm (for E).
Even when he was just a year and a half old, he knew exactly where the big tractor at the zoo was. We could avoid it comepletely, heading off to the African desert on the other side of the zoo and E would say
, "I just really want to see my tractor." We can see the butterflies, elephants, and huge polar bear - but really for E it is all about sitting on the tractor.E walked nearly the whole route of the zoo - suddenly this week he has started saying that he is a big guy. Before he never wanted to associate himself with being big - he didn't like the responsibility of the whole potty-training thing. Now he proudly says, "I am a big buy and I wear pull-ups. Big guys where underwear or pull-ups." hmmmm.
We also had our first fire of fall in the chiminea last night. It took forever to start (maybe because I was attempting to light it instead of Tall House Double Cup). I finally got it going and it was lovely. The light is so beautiful in late September here. As the sun was setting and the fire was toasting away, I was so happy to site cross-legged with my boy and roast marshmellows. Later, after I put him to bed, I went back out to the fire with my blanket and my book and felt quiet happiness. fall fall fall. I love it.

No comments:
Post a Comment