Christmas Eve was a big blowout at Aunt CeCe's. Tall House, Double Cup's family so graciously embraced my family in taking part of their annual party. CeCe's gorgeous house has a view of Mt. Hood from every window and is a consumate party palace. E was surrounded with cousins - and is especially fond of Big D - a very cool six-year-old.
One of the best parts of the night is when Santa comes. It's so exciting to have our very own Santa at the party. E sat right up in the first row to be near Santa and was very excited to sit on his lap. Santa gave him a Mr. Potato Head electronic game - which he later pronounced his favorite present.
Christmas morning was brunch with mimosas, strata, and abbelskivers. E loved his new scooter and distributed presents to everyone.What a treat to have Nana and Jonesie with us for E's birthday and Christmas. E loves them so much - it makes me so happy to see him play, laugh, and cuddle with my parents.

We napped, cooked, and watched Toy Story in the afternoon and had Tall House, Double Cup's parents over for dinner. E opened even more presents and got right to playing with the t-ball set they gave him. He's such a slugger.
I look forward to the holidays SO much . . . and I feel like I did almost everything I wanted. I didn't make it to the Grotto again, but within two weeks we fit in so many things and still are talking to each other. I am excited for the new year . . . hell, I am excited about every day usually. But having E to watch grow and share experiences with makes everything extra big.

No comments:
Post a Comment