Monday, December 05, 2005

Friday night feast

I stopped by the new market on 15th and Brazee - Foster & Dobbs. For weeks, I assumed a boring eye-glass place was going in at the new beautiful corner development - I was so happy to see an upscale deli/market. Double happiness spread when I learned they carried Salumi Salami's - Mario Batali's dad's cured meats from Seattle. I stopped in Friday after work and put about 30 minutes into chosing our dinner. Tall House, Double Cup goes for salumi, cheese, fruit, bread and wine as much as I do - reason #421 that we make a good team.
We tried out five meats ($20 a pound is more than we are used to paying for our typical New Seasons' selections but we splurged to try the well-lauded Salumi. The Mole was incredible - like nothing else we've tried - the Finnocchiona too peppery - the hot Sopressata surprisingly yummy to this non-spicy girl. I could go on and on but this isn't a food blog so I'll stop and say that F & D will be a regular stop on Fridays. yum

No comments: