Friday, January 06, 2006

library gala

I'm on the library's Gala committee . . . this is my second full year working as a liaison between the Summer Reading Planning team and the Gala team.
Organized by The Library Foundation, the Gala is created and run by a group of the most interesting women I've every worked with. They are a mix of local development officials, publicists, event managers, and society mavens. It's like stepping into a different world from my typical library teams and I love it!
With just a handful of meetings they plan one of the coolest benefits in Portland. This year will be the 10th annual Gala - ten themes in ten different rooms including a chocolate fountain, a piano bar, 60's love shack, and an oxygen bar. All of the proceeds fund our Summer Reading Program -which is really the biggest and best in the country.
I am stepping up my role this year and becoming a host. I am responsible for selling 10 tickets ($150 per ticket) - Tall House, Double Cup and I are going to hold a Champagne pre-party at our house and invite lots of friends we think might be up for a big social night on the town. It's going to be a hell of a party. Now . . . I'm in search of the perfect brown silk ballgown skirt.

No comments: