Friday, May 26, 2006

it was a good day

We exhausted ourselves last week but it was all worth it and it was all E all the time. Here are some happy shots from Sunday.

Marfie and I organized an early morning date at the best playground in pdx. I love that the majority of our friends would come out to play at 9am on a Sunday. For about two hours, the kids played like crazy while the adults took turns keeping tabs, sipping coffee and eating yum-yums.

Then we went on to E's first live theater production - Northwest Children's Theater presents Seussical the Musical. I bought the tickets months ago . . sort of in denial over the fact that Dr. Seuss has long creeped me out (it's a weird thing to admit as a children's librarian). Here is E at his first play . . .

and here he is ditching out with us at intermission (good Lord, it was awful!) to head over to a more satisfying adventure: Saint Cupcake. E said, "I really like this cupcake place." Well, yeah. Especially in comparison to that production!
We finished the day at swimming lessons and were happy to hear that E is already graduating from Goldfish and moving into Penguins next session. Hurrah for E! Apparantly it is only in front of his parents that he won't put his face in the water . . . he did it just great for his two adorable high student teachers. Boy-o!

No comments: