Saturday, August 30, 2008

the creative family

Just in for me at the library was The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule. Working fulltime doesn't leave me the time I would like to have to be sort of earthy-hippie-crafty - so I satisfy myself with reading blogs of those who do. But I found some really love ideas in TCF that I would like to try out.
  • Birthday Blessings: After the candles are blown out and while the cake is being cut, each family member says something they love about the birthday boy/girl. I think this should extend to parents' birthdays as well.
  • Special Plates: Set aside dishes as "special" and break out those dishes to celebrate the first day of school, loosing a tooth, using the potty, etc.
  • Treasure Box: have a treasure box for each child to put whatever they treasure into.
  • Seasons Tree: decorate a large branch with materials of the season - valentine's, birds' nests, Christmas ornaments, etc.

There are many more ideas to check out if this is your sort of thing.

No comments: