So that's it. Former housekeeper is cut off. She returned my key to my coworker (who also let her go) but she absconded (I love that word) with our check. I can sort of live with that because when she did clean, it was above and beyond her hourly rate - I was really getting a great deal for the past two years. But it is a sad way for our relationship to end, especially when I think about all of E's hand me downs in clothes and toys I passed on to her . . . but oh well, pishposh, right?
In the meantime, I decided to go with a local service that Marfie uses. They are at my house as I write this - cleaning the hell out of every nook and cranny. I have two people scheduled to be there for 4 hours - almost nothing can make me as happy as this. I can't wait to walk in the door tonight.
And Tall House, Double Cup returns from Costa Rica tonight - hurrah!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I guess that this means the Manny is not good enough for the job anymore. It was just use him for as long as necessary then toss him.
Post a Comment