Friday, September 05, 2008

first day of school

So this is it - the big day we've been looking forward to for so long - E's first day of school. I took the day off so we could really enjoy the whole process.
We started with a special breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and cinnamon milk using the fancy glass and plate. E was pretty sleepy but also excited. I asked him if he as nervous and he said, "I'm feeling cool."
We live right across the street from E's school and have watched kids walk to school for years. This was our first morning participating and E put up with my picture taking. He was being very serious so Tall House, Double Cup had to bust some crazy moves to get a smile out of him.
His classroom is nice and big with huge windows - which I love. His teacher is friendly and welcoming. I started to cry when she said, "welcome to kindergarten," but I didn't want to be "that" mom so stopped right away. When we left, E was happily looking at books and waiting for circle time. We headed out to breakfast with friends and all of us sat around the table, talking about how much we love our kids. sigh. What a big day.

2 comments:

Jbird said...

I kept waiting for the photos and story! Good job Mom! I'm glad you took the day off. I did that this year and it was much better than last year=)

Sara Biren said...

Yay for kindergarten! Isn't it wonderful?