It's been 277 days since I had a diet coke (and since Jonesie has had a cigarette - yes!). I am definitely going to make it the entire year. I haven't given up diet pop completely - just my beloved D.C. I do long for it on an every other day basis - and during one of my D.C. daydreams, I came up with a total million dollar idea!
Every Friday on my way to work, I treat myself to a venti iced decaf americano, extra ice, no room at Starbucks. Here is the part that will creep many of you out. I leave the last inch of coffee in the ice and then add diet coke (this year it's diet dr. pepper). The combination of espresso and icy cold pop is heaven - true heaven. And I can't be the only one who thinks so. So I came up with the idea of Diet Coke Coffee pop! They've done lime, lemon and black cherry D.C., so why not coffee.My million dollar idea was squashed when I did a search on D.C. and coffee and found out that I had totally missed Coke Black -released two years ago. They haven't gone with a diet version - but I doubt they'll be revolutionized by my idea.
So I am sticking to my Friday routine and looking forward to January 1, 2009 when D.C. can re-enter my life.

1 comment:
i tasted coffee beer the other day and it was wonderful, so i can imagine coffee diet coke might be good. i haven't tried coke black, is it still around?
sarahn
Post a Comment