My latest knitting project was this cool circular jacket - it is essentially a circle with some arm slots. Add a little toggle in the front and voila - a vest. I may or may not add arms to it - so it's true final version is still up in the air. It's made out of a hand-spun, hand-dyed yarn that my old housekeeper gave to me (not the one who disappeared - two housekeepers ago - yes, I go through them . . .) - I didn't save the information on the yarn - but it's lovely and nubbly. I haven't captured a great photo of the back but the circle tightens in to a really cool wave of blue. My knitting has been slow going since Em was born so this finished object feels like success. I sucked in the compliments at the farmer's markets with glee.
Saturday, October 04, 2008
finished knitting project
My latest knitting project was this cool circular jacket - it is essentially a circle with some arm slots. Add a little toggle in the front and voila - a vest. I may or may not add arms to it - so it's true final version is still up in the air. It's made out of a hand-spun, hand-dyed yarn that my old housekeeper gave to me (not the one who disappeared - two housekeepers ago - yes, I go through them . . .) - I didn't save the information on the yarn - but it's lovely and nubbly. I haven't captured a great photo of the back but the circle tightens in to a really cool wave of blue. My knitting has been slow going since Em was born so this finished object feels like success. I sucked in the compliments at the farmer's markets with glee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Tre fabu! It looks like a wee fur coat, but is environmentally safer! She wears it stunningly!
Wonder how I'd look in an adult-sized one...
That is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Not just beautiful baby-beautiful, but super trendy in real life-beautiful!
Post a Comment