I am still experimenting with whether to felt the pieces before joining them together. On the left is a felted version. It's not easy to see the difference but the felted does feel denser and tighter.
I broke down the yarn into little bobbins - i was getting a bit crazy to lug 8 skeis around with me. I am still in love with the colors and textures.
I say again - watch out Garnet Hill!

3 comments:
Gorgeous colors. Would you every consider crocheting a scarf like this as a commission for someone else? I live in Maine and have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands so am unable to knit or crochet. Thought if I was going to pay someone to make me a scarf I really love. Thanks
What a sweet, sweet comment. I am very flattered - but a fulltime career, two sweet kids and a demanding husband (just kidding - he's mostly a love) leave me with no extra time to knit for moola.
BUT - I highly recommend checking out either your local yarn store (Maine has great knitters!) or Ravelry.com - a social networking site for knitters.
Best of luck.
It is going to be a killer scarf. Keep my site bookmarked so whoever you find to crochet it for you can copy it!
I found you through Dulsanna. We love your Garnet Hill scarf so much that I am wanting to make one for her birthday (shh, maybe a surprise?) Could you share the basics of your hexagon (beginning number of chain etc)? I would really appreciate it. I just need a little help getting started and can figure it out from there. Thanks!! camipaul@comcast.net
Post a Comment