Wednesday, June 13, 2007

love is in the air

The full blown lovey-doveys have hit pdxpishposh. Not an hour passes without me tearing up over some tiny thing - the way E told me a story before bedtime, the way Baby Em purses her lips, the way Tall House, Double Cup brings me a cafe au lait from Peet's Coffee. I am overwhelmed with emotions - I remember this happening right after I had E as well - it's so wonderful and refreshing and a little vulnerable. I am being reminded about what I care about, what I really value, and what I want to prioritize in my life.


This morning, E gave Baby Em a kiss goodbye on his way to school. He gave me a kiss then and whispered, "I am getting used to her." I like hearing from him what he thinks without us having to ask. He seems so matter of fact about Em but I know what a big change it must be for him. This picture is almost enough to send me over the teary edge.



So if you call to chat and I end up telling you how much I love you, be prepared. Sentimentality reigns at pdxpishposh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been amazed how much John LOVES Pete after I was prepared for the worst. It's wonderful seeing this, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

She is so precious and beautiful. May she delight you each new day and keep a smile on all your faces as she grows. Em is a heart melter! Warmly, Kim C

Anonymous said...

Well I'm crying too, and my boy is 2 years old. I'm just that way. She's so beautiful, and so is E.