Sunday, September 09, 2007

broder is heaven

I fell in love this morning - with a new breakfast stop. I'll tell you about it if you promise not to start a line on Sunday mornings before we get there . . . .Broder is on 25th and Clinton and serves the most fabulous Swedish breakfasts. Every single thing I had was perfect. It's love, true love.

Moo and E had the abelskivers. They came with a trio of happiness - lemon curd, maple syrup and lingonberry jam. E pronouced them deeeelicious.
I had the Summer Breakfast Plate - which was perfect - a little of everything and not too much altogether. Brown walnut bread, a tiny scoop of soft cheese, a poached egg (in the shell), a wedge of hard cheese, a slice of country ham, lingonberry jam, sun-dried tomatoes and yougurt with fruit and maple sryup drizzled over it. The spoon in the picture is a tiny egg spoon - not a regular spoon which would have given you a better sense of proportion of the meal. Tall House had the Swedish hash with double poached eggs which he decided to like once he located the hot sauce.
Marf's man - Daddio -went withe smoked trout board and loved it. He had a potato pancake and walnut bread as well.
Oh - and they serve Stumptown coffee. My morning was complete. We met other lovely Scandianvians there and I vowed to go back next week. The owner is from Wisconsin - Madison, specifically, so I must do my part to keep Broder's going.

1 comment:

marf said...

i'm ready to head back tomorrow morning. i LOVED the coffee. would you believe our household is contemplating switching from starbucks to stumptown.