Saturday, September 08, 2007

happy birthday tall house, double cup

Happy Birthday to my sweet baboo! THDC opted for a very quiet birthday. The four of us spent the day together - the market, playing around the house, a lovely dinner and his favorite banana cake. He got an extra long nap with Little Miss which left him in quite a good mood - who doesn't love a nap with a cuddle bunny three month-old?
There are many things I love about THDC - but even after nine years of getting to know each other, I learned something new about him this summer. In the book, "Peony in Love" by Lisa Yee I read a line I'll never forget, "I loved him in spite of, and because of, his limitations." The line stayed with me for days before I realized this is exactly how THDC loves - in spite of and even because of people's limitations. What a realization - it was like seeing things through a whole different lens. I don't think I knew how to love that way until I met him. It might be one of the greatest things I've learned from knowing him. It's such a lovely way to go through the world.

No comments: