Wednesday, February 13, 2008

kindergarten roundup

Tall House, Double Cup and I went to E's kindergarten roundup. I was excited and nervous and totally wired. Kindergarten seems like such a big step - even though he's been in preschool for years and is as tall as a second grader. I was actually worried about what to wear and how to get to know the other parents. sheesh.
It turned out to be fantastic! I knew our local school was a great elementary school - it's one of the main reasons we bought our house. But we were relying on stats and graphs to tell us this. At the roundup we got to see it in person. Organized administrators who willingly say "Call or email me anytime." Sweet, creative, eager kindergarten teachers who light up when they learn I am a children's librarian. And a school library so lovely it would make you weep. I am feeling very positive about next year. I am relieved and thankful I don't have to enter the lottery process that lots of our friends do to be satisfied with our school. It feels like joining a club or something. I can't wait to share all of the pictures I took with E. Yeah for kindergarten!

No comments: