Then we went next door to see Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - they starred in the movie Once and are touring now as The Swell Season. It was swell. So swell. They make such beautiful music together. Lots of stuff from the movie mixed in with Glen's songs from The Frames and new music. The best was a Van Morrison cover of Into the Mystic. I think what I love best about their music is their ability to sing about love in every song from such an authentic place. We saw so many friends at the concert - all of them people I love and would totally expect them to love the same music. I left completely inspired to sit at my piano and bang out some awkward music - which is exactly what I did this morning before work. Here's my shaky video from the night:Wednesday, April 30, 2008
the swell season
We had a big night out on Monday - hit Carafe for cocktails and dinner - so frency french with the covered but still outside seats, facing the street - just like in Paris. Even the same uncomfortable wicker chairs. What was very unfrench was the super tangy lime mint jello in the bottom of my straight up mojito. I might be in love with that drink.
Then we went next door to see Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - they starred in the movie Once and are touring now as The Swell Season. It was swell. So swell. They make such beautiful music together. Lots of stuff from the movie mixed in with Glen's songs from The Frames and new music. The best was a Van Morrison cover of Into the Mystic. I think what I love best about their music is their ability to sing about love in every song from such an authentic place. We saw so many friends at the concert - all of them people I love and would totally expect them to love the same music. I left completely inspired to sit at my piano and bang out some awkward music - which is exactly what I did this morning before work. Here's my shaky video from the night:
Then we went next door to see Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova - they starred in the movie Once and are touring now as The Swell Season. It was swell. So swell. They make such beautiful music together. Lots of stuff from the movie mixed in with Glen's songs from The Frames and new music. The best was a Van Morrison cover of Into the Mystic. I think what I love best about their music is their ability to sing about love in every song from such an authentic place. We saw so many friends at the concert - all of them people I love and would totally expect them to love the same music. I left completely inspired to sit at my piano and bang out some awkward music - which is exactly what I did this morning before work. Here's my shaky video from the night:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I caught The Swell Season Monday night in Portland as well. Posted a review at http://isorski.blogspot.com/ - and also some videos from our show. Check it out.
we loved it as well. although the first act was a bit too woo woo for me. thanks for the bevies!
i agree, "into the mystic" was my favourite, so passionate and goosebump-inducing, gotta love van....
Post a Comment