I've been in the same children's literature book group for over ten years. I never blog about it but I know I have lots of friends and family who are always looking for book recommendations so I thought I'd share our monthly reading list (we meet every 4-6 weeks - usually with lots of pizza, wine and dessert).
Here's what we'll be discussing in early June:
Picture books
In a Blue Room (Averback)
A Visitor for Bear (Becker)
Violet the Pilot (Breen)
All Aboard: A Traveling Alphabet (Demarest)
Maybe a Bear Ate It (Harris)
Grump Groan Growl (Hooks)
Trainstop (Lehman)
Albert the Fix-It Man (Lord)
Silent Music (Rumford)
Fiction
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks (Lockhart)
The Willoughbys (Lowry)
Shooting the Moon (O'Dowell)
Six Innings: A Game in the Life (Preller)
Sweethearts (Zarr)
Nonfiction
Ain't Nothing But a Man: My Quest to Find the Real John Henry (Nelson)
I, Matthew Henson (Weatherford)
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment