I got a bit down and out about the flowery sweater from Lucinda Guy - that damm intarsia colorwork is truly the death of me. So I needed another project that I knew I could be successful at. Enter - the boy bathrobe.Actually, I don't know the official name of the pattern - it's from Greetings from the Knit Cafe book - such a lovely book - great color choices - which, of course, I got from the library and photocopied and filed future projects in my pattern binder. Here is a crappy shot of the pattern . . .

I am knitting it up for E with ONline Linie 121 - Summertime in grass green with a happy royal blue trim . . . I am working the two sleeves at the same time which is fun . . . and it's knitting up like a dream. Official colors: Spring Leaf and Sapphire.
I have a long programming team meeting this afternoon so I bet I can finish out the sleeves (yes, we can knit in long, arduous meetings - v.v. Scandinavian of the library, isn't it?). Then I just have the hood left.
E has informed me that boys don't need or wear bathrobes so Tall House, Double Cup and I are on a campaign to subtly change his mind . . . "Hey, Papa, did you hear that Guapo (E's friend) got a new bathrobe? He wears it while watching Wallace and Grommet." We'll see if it works . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment