Monday, July 24, 2006

the heat, the heat

We hardly had anything on our schedule for this weekend, but we quickly realized that the main objective would just be getting through the heat. We sat under the sprinkler, went to the pool, and went out to eat for most meals. We survived, but it wasn't pretty. I did get one lovely project done (but now I realize I need one more piece to complete it):

This is Amy Butler fabric in Forest and Sunbloom stretched over 18x30 canvas. I bought a stable gun (fun! fun!) and got to work.

Now that I've made two, I realize I like things in odd numbers. So back to the art store for one more canvas and I have some sheer, burnt green silk leftover from the curtains in our bedroom which will make the perfect third.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! I just love Amy Butler fabric.

Anonymous said...

I love those! It's enough to make me think about actually decorating my house and finding somewhere my son couldn't reach the fabric as art.