
When I was about 5 or 6, I was in love with Peter Pan. I would pretend to be Wendy and fly my grandparents' basement and think romantic thoughts. Now E is in love with Peter in a whole different way - he wants to BE Peter Pan. He's all ready for Halloween and tries on his costume everyday. Then he stands in front of the mirror, posing. Sometimes he has a real menacing look while holding up his knife and other times he posing in that classic Peter Pan stance. He can keep himself busy for 20 minutes doing this!

The real upshot to all this is that I know how to play Peter Pan. I'm not that good at playing dump trucks or matchbox cars, but I can fly to Neverland with the best of them. Now . . . I just need my own blue nightgown to really be Wendy. Poor Tall House, Double Cup - he's usually stuck being a lost boy or Schmee. hee.
1 comment:
What a great Peter Pan he makes!
I recall visiting at my best friend's house a few years back--we were up in the morning, blearily enjoying coffee when her youngest (he was 4) came bouncing out and clambered up on the arm of the couch.
"I'm Peter Pan!", he gleefully informed us. We agreed that yes, he was. Then he pointed at me and said, "And you're Wendy!". Barely were the words out before my girlfriend, with a look of abject horror, squeaked out in a stricken tone, "But I'M your Wendy!".
Happy adventures and safe flights to Neverland.
Post a Comment