Monday, September 11, 2006

older people

Today is E's first day in "OP" - which he says stands for "older people" but actually means "older preschool." He was in "YP" aka "younger preschool" for the past year and really thrived in it - he made two best friends, overcame a tough situation with a bully, started getting interested in art, and really bonded to his teachers.
He is very happy and excited to be moving up to the big kids class. It doesn't hurt that his friend Will is moving too.
We went in this morning and set-up his new cubby. He picked one right next to Will. Then he headed outside to play with his friends. As I walked through the school, I got a bit teary - E's in his final preschool room - he started in Wobblers when he was 11 months old and has moved through Toddlers and YP. He has two years left at the school before starting kindergarten, but I already feel a bit wobbly at the thought.
Yeah for E and OP!

No comments: