
What a weekend on the Oregon coast we had - four days of reading, knitting, playing cards, drinking wine, jumping waves and going for walks. Nana and Jonesie are visiting so E was in heaven, getting attention from everyone. After the first night, he decided that he
had to sleep with his Jonesie - even though Jonesie was camped out in a single bed. E discovered a Wizard of Oz gameboard and insisted on knowing the entire story. Nana and Jonesie sang him the songs, played the game and told the story of Oz over and over to him. He's such a lucky boy to have grandparents who will play and play and play with him. And what a treat it was for THDC and I - I read three books while we were there and THDC napped every day, I think.

I made a treasure map for E and THDC buried in the sand, using two sticks for X marks the spot. E recruited a couple of Lost Boys (aka grandparents) to help him find it.


On our last night we had a bonfire on the beach. E told stories and didn't take a breath for about thirty minutes. His stories involved a little bit of everything we had been talking about over the weekend - caves, mice, treasure. It was a lovely weekend.
2 comments:
What a fabulous vacation!
What superb grandparents!
What a handsome storyteller!
(You must tape some of his stories--you'll be thrilled to have them when he's older.)
That photo of E and J is too precious!
Post a Comment