Friday, March 16, 2007

crib bedding sweatshop


pdxpishposh sweatshop open for business.

The same thing happened the last time I was seven months pregnant with E - frenetic cutting, sewing, knitting and planning. It's hit again and this past week I found my self digging through the attic, going through every piece of E's clothing, bent over a sewing machine actually making my own crib sheets so they'll match E's bedding, and making "diaper stations" all over the house.
I still have a bit over two months to go but I am feeling very driven to get everything ready. I think we are going to put the crib up soon so E can get used to the idea of sharing a room.
I finished this blankie tonight but I am not crazy about how it looks with the bedding. I think I'll relegate it for the car or bassinet.




The blankie is soft and silky - made with Moda Dea Metro. I thought the red, pink, and orange would pull out the girlie colors in the bedding but it's off just a bit. It will jazz up my volvo instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be glad you're doing it now! I put off finishing Pete's quilt for too long and now I'm SO huge that it won't be happening until after he's born.