Friday, March 30, 2007

the crib is up!



We put the crib up in E's room - well, actually it's about to become E and Em's room. E had said he was fine with it - and then we started moving things around and cleaning. He flitted about on the edges of the room while we worked and dropped little comments like, "I don't think my sleepy toys are going to like this" and "my sleepy toys might kick against the wall all night if their bed is moved." I started to worry a bit but Tall House, Double Cup and I stayed positive and cheerful.




By the time everything was arranged (and it's not ideal - the room is only 10x10 or so and has some window/bookcase challenges - but we'll survive) he came around and liked the idea of his bed moving and his sleepy toys taking over the crib. I don't know where those toys are going when Em finally moves into the crib - that's a challenge for a non-pregnant mind.




I've also been archiving several years worth of digital photos on my laptop and found a snap of the color scheme for E's nursey vs. our current color palette. My taste has definitely changed - though the slatternly d.i.y spirit is still present.



3 comments:

The McAuleys said...

Love the new color scheme--so cheerful! Nothing better than actually getting a crib set up to make it seem real!

Anonymous said...

Room looks great. Nice job. I think your taste admirable.

Unknown said...

I love it too! We bought a collapsible clothes hamper in an animal shape (elephant, duck, etc) for our sleepy toys. Takes up about 2 ft of floorspace. All the stuffies don't quite all fit inside the elephant anymore, but that's because they're secretly rabbits who breed in the nightime.

Good luck! :)