Thursday, May 17, 2007

still here, still waiting

I am officially more pregnant than I've ever been. E came exactly three weeks early - but this time I am 37 weeks and three days along. Luckily, I am feeling great with lots of energy - and I made it to the big Hanna Andersson outlet sale (pink! stripes! flower! smocking!) - which is almost worth still being pregnant for.

Marfie and I are taking the kids to the Syttende Mai festival and parade tonight. After I explained to E about Norway's Independence Day and how we were going to a party, he said, "It sounds a lot like Cinco de Mayo. I have Mexico in me, not Norway." Truth be told, there isn't a lick of Mexican in E but quite a hodgepodge of Finish, Irish, Danish, English and Norwegian. But he insists, "Mexico is in my heart." Viva la lefse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I understand. When the second one comes later than the first did, those extra days seem to take forever. I did exactly one week more with the second -- hopefully you'll have even less!