Monday, October 15, 2007

gone daddy gone

Tall House, Double Cup is in Taiwan on a business trip - our first major trip since Little Miss was born. As his cab pulled away, I was torn between feeling confident that I could take care of everything (and everybody in our house) just fine and feeling a tremor of fear, anticipating the chaos and potential lack of sleep.

So far, we are doing well - though there was no time to grab a camera to document our fun this weekend (farmer's market, park, zoo, apple pie baking) and we are being heavily supported by the Cedros clan - thank you so much for the dinners (think steak and meatloaf people!), the zoo trip and the yum-yums. As E says, "Moo always has the best yum-yums."

Little Miss debuted in her bath chair and sat quite well - she's right in the kitchen sink - which is just where E would sit while I made dinner. Her kitten instinct kicked in and she didn't seem to mind lapping up bubbles as well as water. When she emerged, even her breath smelled of lavender.

So we are surviving without you Tall House - but you are very much missed. E asked me this morning if you'd be home for Halloween - he's getting a little worried - but I assured him you'll be back much sooner. Don't forget to buy the sweet Chinese pajamas for Little Miss!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Little Miss is so cute! Our babies are practically the same age! But you've been blogging much more than I have. :)

Anonymous said...

I miss you all so much... I teared up as I saw the pics of Em in the sink/tub... Tell E that Greenie Meanie will be home by Halloween to take on Capt Am... His breath is even more lethal after Dim Sum and Chinese cuisine.

Daddy had over 100 people in his first class yesterday and over 150 scheduled for his class today... All is well, but missing you all teribly..

-THDC