Friday, October 05, 2007

ode to Amy Karol

I am in love with a woman. Well, maybe a couple of women. But the one I want to write about today is Amy Karol - the fabu pdx sewing hipster mama with the ultimate FUN sewing book.
bend-the-rules sewing by Amy was just named one of the "tools of the trade" in this week's Willamette Week story on Crafty Bitches.
Marfie and I have been talking about working on our sewing projects together and calling ourselves "sew fun". hee hee.
Check out the flickr set of people's projects from Amy's book. I was the lucky recipient of two bibs from a dear friend who happens to be the #1 contributor to the flickr set.
Amy is doing a book signing/donut party (can you see why I love her?) next month at my neighborhood fabric shoppe. I can't wait.
I have to - have to - have to finish Em's Christmas stocking . . . but a sewing project is calling . . . .

No comments: