Wednesday, October 26, 2005

hey batter batter batter



Hurrah! It's done and in time for my fil's birthday. Tall House, Double Cup generously offered to work as my model in exchange for a lovely dinner of canadian bacon egg scramble, honey wheat toast, and Valencia orange smiles.






I'm very excited to have it done and am about 90% satisfied with it - the neck line turned out a bit funky - it comes up quite high on the front, but I know my father in law will love it anyway. I used Wool Ease in Denim and Denim Twist. I didn't trust myself to knit this one in a terribly expensive wool - though I feel much more confident now.




Thanks so muchhttp://www.knitty.com for publishing the lovely and talented Caryn Lantz's Baseball pattern. Check out pictures of her original design.



Last, I couldn't just finish a project and bask in the glory for awhile. I had to get two new projects going. On the left is Opal sock yarn in "partie" - I am envisioning Christmas morning socks. I am also working on the Spork Along, designed by my library-world colleague Larissa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! So lovely! Congrats on a job well done! Here's a suggestion for the neck line as I have changed the original sweater too...I picked up the same number of stitches, but did a rolled collar....just knit in the round for about 8 rows. It seems to be more "boy friendly" of a collar!

Great job!

Caryn
www.fuzzynoodleknits.com