I'm still feeling a bit frantic over imposed and unimposed responsibilities. I have a huge deadline on Notable Children's Books coming up on Monday. I really want to finish the baseball sweater for my fil's birthday. The house needs a good cleaning and refreshing before my mother comes to visit. And our furnace is slightly kaput. I am going to keep chipping away at each task - both that I have to do and want to do. Here is a close-up of the baseball sleeve. My first ever cable (though it feels a bit like a jr. cable).
The high point of this frenzy was coming home last night to a big box from http://garnethill.com. I pulled everything out and put it right on our bed. Lovely, smushy warm German flannel. Nothing is better on a bed. I think even kitty kitty slept more soundly on it. I've wanted these pretty sheets for over a year now. I matched them with chocolate brown flannel shams. Heaven. If only the cafe misto machine fit in the basket next to my bed.
Sigh. Back to Notables.

2 comments:
i have coveted these sheets for quite some time, but am sadly emotionally adverse to flannel. they are tres fabu and maybe i'll sneak over this weekend for some lounge time. i'll bring the lattes.
IMNSHO, those cables count as SENIOR cables, not junior, because you're using TWO cable needles! The sleeve is looking fabulous.
Love the sheets too. That's our next redecorating challenge....
S.
Post a Comment