Monday, October 10, 2005

Super Buzz

Poor E got a terrible haircut. We didn't go to the fabulous kids cuts place we usually do. I stopped at one of those drop-in quick places - a place I would never go but somehow thought they could cut E's hair just fine. His "barber" was a women with zero maternal instinct and who came at E holding the clippers like a mad hatter. He cried the whole time and ended up with fistfuls of hair in his mouth. That alone would make me cry. I wiped him off and whispered sweet nothings into his ear. I also happened to say under my breath, "She was not good." And he yelled in his frantic little voice, "That's right. She was not good." I didn't mind one bit that everyone in the shop heard. We hightailed it out of there and got a chocolate milk at Starbucks.

So here is E with his super short cut in his brand new car booster seat. He is getting so big so fast. I still miss carrying him around in his infant seat! But he is so proud of the "rocket" booster seat. Our car has transformed from a fire engine to a spaceship! Now he wants to be a doctor in outerspace. With long hair, hopefully.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry about the awful haircut. Last time I took our youngest she kept crying “my curls! My curls!” for hours. Needless to say, I felt like poo.

And I think they all must be on some space kick right now…our oldest is determined to be the first librarian in space.

Great blog!

Anonymous said...

Eleri just got her first haircut & it went really well. Let me know if you want the contact info - it's on 27th, btwn Glisan & Burnside. I would have cried too!