Although I am a v.v. faithful martha reader, wacher, critic, and fan, I prefer to read about gardening, crafting, housekeeping much more than I like to do it - only cooking and knitting (and sometimes organizing)really inspire me - but once in a while I find a little project I can't resist. I drop everything, dash off to the necessary store and indulge. That's just what I did today. Inspired by a "good thing" from the April 06 Martha Stewart Living, I
manipulated sheets of colored vellum into flowering buds - and it actually turned out! And it was the kind of project I could do while sitting with E watching the end of Toy Story 2. "I like your flowers Mama." E sometimes is annoyed with my knitting, "Put it away, now!" But paper flowers - not an issue.
Here you can see up close my version vs. the inspiration. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. Yeah!

3 comments:
I'm way impressed!
Well done you! And I'm glad to hear you've been watching Toy Story 2 (definitely the better of the two).
lovely job...inspires me for the seasonal arrangements I do for the women's locker room at the Wellness Center and Pool.
Post a Comment