Wednesday, March 22, 2006

right on, brother

E's new favorite saying is, "Right on, brother." We have friends who call their kids "brother" and "sister" - which became very addictive to us after hanging out with them. The only odd thing is we don't have a "sister" yet - unless you count our cat, which is kind of creepy.
Anyway - to hear E casually spill this one out is v.v. charming - to us anyway.

We decorated our Easter tree tonight. E was a bit disappointed that we weren't using a ladder - I guess my description of decorating a tree sounded more glamourous than it actually was. My great, great uncle always made a Tootsie Pop tree for me when ever I came to visit (South Dakota, 1970's) - I thought it was the most exciting thing - not just because I was a total candy junkie but that it was done just for me. We do so many things that are just for E - being the center of our world and all. I try to make every holiday really count - every tradition big and small. I wonder what will actually make him feel special. He is living such a different life than I did as a child - maybe most parents feel that way about their children.

No comments: