Saturday, August 05, 2006

honey chile

This is Honey - E's very favorite teacher. I think she is possibly his first crush as well. Her real name is Kristie but E came up with his own sweet moniker. One time E got very frustrated with me and slapped me on the forearm. When I was explaining how we never, ever hit people we love, I asked him, "Would you ever hit Honey"? And he GASPED at the idea! Of course not! She's Honey - you're . . . . Mama.
Honey is leaving E's school to look for a new position - we will miss her so much! She gave Tall House, Double Cup and I so much good advice for helping E along with his development. I'll never forget her telling us that, "Your child is so capable if you give him the tools to take care of himself." It's so true. A three-year-old can dres himself and sweep and pull up his covers and put on his own shoes . . . . at least at school he can.
I just love this picture of the two of them. I don't know if he will ever remember her kindness when he grows up but I am hoping with this picture he'll remember a "honey" kind of feeling from her.

No comments: