After many, many meals of coercing him to eat his veggies, I decided I would never again talk to him about vegetables. I would get sneaky. Enter The Sneaky Chef by Missy Chas. Her book has changed the way I make nearly every meal. Her theory works really well for me - on the weekends, create purees you can freeze in ice-cube trays to use during the week. For example, if you are making spaghetti, toss in a couple orange (carrot and yam) and green (peas, broccoli, spinach) puree cubes. The pureed veggies really do get hidden in the food. It's fabulous! And anytime you would make something with cheese like quesos or macaroni, you can easily slip in the orange puree.
Peel a sweet potato and make even thin slices (I use a mandolin).
Toss with a bit of olive oil and spread out on baking sheets. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees - tossing around once or twice. Sprinkle with kosher salt. yum!

3 comments:
Brava! I'll take two orders. please.
Nanaboujou
Ha--funny that I have that book checked out from the library at this very moment!!!! :) Your chips look delicious.
I'm on the waiting list for this book from the library... I'm desperate with the veggie thing, or anything besides chicken nuggets, pizza munchees, or soy nut butter. Toad's menu is extremely limited. I'm thrilled to see a positive review of this book!
Post a Comment