Monday, June 23, 2008

first shoes

Okay - so as you can see in the picture, shopping for Em's first pair of real shoes didn't go so well. As soon as the salewoman got close to her, screaming ensued and didn't stop until said saleswoman was long, long gone. I whispered to her, "Lovey - this is the Nordstrom's shoe section - it's the beginning of a lovely friendship!" She wasn't buying what I was selling. But the shoes worked out great. Sweet little Tevas that fit her sanding-block-shaped feet.
She tried out the new shoes at the park and recovered quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is something about first shoes that makes me a little misty eyed too. love her new dresses and her new hairdo.
counting the days for your arrival. hope she doesn't react to me like I am the shoe lady.
Please coach her.
Nanaboujou

Anonymous said...

I'll take her to Fleet Farm when she comes to Wisconsin and get her some real shoes.