I met a friend for a walk by the river, followed by a coffee and scone at Bakery Bar (the cutest slacker boys are always in there - sorry Tall House, Double Cup!).
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
afternoon with E
I had a weekday off last week so I spent it much like I would have last year when I was on maternity leave - minus the sweet baby in my arms.
I met a friend for a walk by the river, followed by a coffee and scone at Bakery Bar (the cutest slacker boys are always in there - sorry Tall House, Double Cup!).

I then joined E's school for a picnic and concert in a local park. I love seeing him with his friends. He is really ready to move on to kindergarten and I can't deny that fact when I see how big, how mature, how ready he is to socialize and learn in an older setting.

We skipped out of preschool after the picnic and went to the library to pick up his first Summer Reading prize of the year (a hackey sack) and then went swimming at Grant Park. There is nothing like swimming outside on a warm day, followed by snow cones. When I put E to bed that night, I breathed in that lovely sunscreen/chlorine smell that takes me right back to 1978. It was one of those great summer days, spent with my best boy, that I intend to repeat again in July and August.
I met a friend for a walk by the river, followed by a coffee and scone at Bakery Bar (the cutest slacker boys are always in there - sorry Tall House, Double Cup!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Suncreen is the best scent on kids and babies. I'm totally jealous of your weekend in Seattle with just girls. Good for you taking time for yourself. I have forgotten what that is like. Miss you all!
Post a Comment