Tuesday, July 29, 2008

cemetery visiting

I hope this doesn't seem to maudlin, but while I was back in Wisconsin we stopped by the the cemetery where my grandparents are buried. E hears a lot of stories about my Papa - most of them about him spoiling me. He was interested in seeing what grave was like - it was his first time at a cemetery.
This one is actually my maternal great-grandparents.
And I LOVE this one - the long-time housekeeper of my grandparents' priest. Click on the picture to see the wording up close - it's well worth it. A tangible reminder of a time going fast, if not already gone.

1 comment:

The McAuleys said...

Ha. That should be inspiration to you about the higher virtue of your current housekeeping role sans housekeeper. Which I know is the secret reason you canceled book group at your house! :)