In the past, I've ordered plants from White Flower Farm or bought pricey plants from Portland Nursery. This year I went the cheapy route and hit up Fred Meyer for my plants. And what a year! This is definitely the best year ever for my planters. I went with all reds (though you'll see some damn purple that creeped in - can't be too picky when paying Fred Meyer prices). I had chives that wintered over from last year's pot that have gone crazy and kept me happily in baked potatoes for dinner this summer. I've watered EVERY day since May and that made all the difference. The pot is happy, full and continually in bloom. The pictures compare when I first planted in late May to this week.
Friday, July 11, 2008
best year evahhhh - for planters
early May .......................... this week

In the past, I've ordered plants from White Flower Farm or bought pricey plants from Portland Nursery. This year I went the cheapy route and hit up Fred Meyer for my plants. And what a year! This is definitely the best year ever for my planters. I went with all reds (though you'll see some damn purple that creeped in - can't be too picky when paying Fred Meyer prices). I had chives that wintered over from last year's pot that have gone crazy and kept me happily in baked potatoes for dinner this summer. I've watered EVERY day since May and that made all the difference. The pot is happy, full and continually in bloom. The pictures compare when I first planted in late May to this week.
In the past, I've ordered plants from White Flower Farm or bought pricey plants from Portland Nursery. This year I went the cheapy route and hit up Fred Meyer for my plants. And what a year! This is definitely the best year ever for my planters. I went with all reds (though you'll see some damn purple that creeped in - can't be too picky when paying Fred Meyer prices). I had chives that wintered over from last year's pot that have gone crazy and kept me happily in baked potatoes for dinner this summer. I've watered EVERY day since May and that made all the difference. The pot is happy, full and continually in bloom. The pictures compare when I first planted in late May to this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment