Wednesday, March 15, 2006

projects udpate

I am well into E's Easter sweater. I've wanted to make this one for so long and the pattern only goes to 3-4T so now is my chance. The big star is a bit of a challenge, just because the yarn carry-overs are so long. I hope when I block it, everything will sort of gel.

I am also sewing my own ballgown skirt for the library gala next month. I've always worked the event in the past and just sort of dressed to get by. Last year I vowed to have a real gowny-gown and knew exactly what I wanted. I found the top last year - pink scrunchy silk with a cool green tie sort of thing-y. I knew I needed a charmuese silk dupioni ball skirt to go with it. I took a chance and actually made it and I *think* it is coming out alright. This is a picture of the shirt, hand knitted shawl, and rough cut of the skirt all mushed together.
And finally, we had our super handyman/carpenter create this built-in bench for our kitchen nook. It's painted "Sharkey Grey" as in Kevin Sharkey - Martha Stewart's long time decorating editor. I found perfect silver metal chairs and now I just need to order our 1950's rectangular table with the groovy formica top from Repro Tables and Chairs. I am having a hard time deciding on the top - plain light gray, plain dark grey, or white with the 1950's swirlies. What a great corner that will be when it all comes together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to get an update. Your projects are impressive and diverse.
I vote for light grey matte for the table.
Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Remember when that was a baby name?
Always, Nanabijou

Anonymous said...

What does David have that Jonesie dosen't have?