Tuesday, October 24, 2006

beach weekend

I haven't been blogging because we were off on a long beach weekend with friends. We rented an amazing house at Cape Kiwanda, right on the beach - like literally the sand came right to the door! The kids could run and play like crazy while we played cards, read our books, and relaxed. E was especially happy to have two little boys his own age to play with. We took a nature walk into the forest, jumped waves, and made Halloween cupcakes. I totally forgot about my housekeeper problems and let go of the anger I was feeling towards our neighbor who is remodeling his house himself and starts at 6:30am. well . . . maybe I've let MOST of that anger go.
The kids were so good and had minimal hurt feelings /bodies and maximum excitement/play.
I upped my standings in our card games by not knitting while playing cards - second place! It was almost worth it.

No comments: