
We took a side trip to the pumpkin patch on the way home from the beach. It was out in Hillsboro, in the middle of pumpkin country, considering how many different pumpkin patch signs we saw. E picked out his pumpkin and then took a ride on "Toodles" the mule.

hee hee! He was filled with this amazing look of pride as he rode the "pony." THDC wanted to hold on to him while he rode but I made him let go so E could feel like a big boy - and he certainly did. A world of difference from last year's pony ride that was filled with tears.

We went on a hayride around the farm - it was lovely. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that I am one generation "off the farm" in my family genealogy and yet E is most happiest when he is on a farm.
1 comment:
Brings back memories of when my parents used to drag me to the Pumpkin Patch. We always loved riding the ponies, and of course, picking up the biggest pumpkin ever.
Post a Comment