The Martha Stewart Living Good Things event was so great it's taking two blog entries to cover it all.We got a couple of sneak peeks at upcoming issue stories. Martha showed up the silver-gilded arc as well as glittered animals for the holiday table - not my thing at all, but it was fun to watch her do the crafty stuff in front of 2,000 people.
There was
an art auction to fund a garden and playground across from the new wing at Cedars-Sinai that Martha is dedicating to her mother. Martha talked up the photos a bit - they were going for $500-$2000. There were two photos by Martha that I think went for around $3,000.
From left: Kevin Sharkey, Editorial Director of Decorating, Sharkey the French Bulldog, and Hannah Milman, Editorial Director, Crafts. She created that amazing Martha wreaths book in the 90's.
There was more than a bit of the absurd at the event.Absurd #1: I love Paw Paw, Martha's prize chow. I really do. But not enough to lay on the ground and kiss him the way several people were doing. Paw Paw ignored them and kept drinking from his Depression Glass bowl.
Absurd #2: My encounter with Martha (see blog entry from yesterday).
Absurd #3: At the homekeeping session with Melanio Gomez, I won a flat-screen tv! I had just moved up to the third row (all the better to see the cool organizing stuff Melanio was doing) when he told us all to look under our seats. Voila! I was so excited and sort of jumped around but since I wasn't with anyone, no one in my room was particularly happy for me. I called Tall House, Double Cup and shared the joy on cell phone. They are sending it sometime next month. hee hee.
I still have a couple more pictures to add and a bit more to tell, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Work calls.

1 comment:
Oh, Katie, what a weekend! Your encounter with Martha sounds much more exciting than the attempted "trespass" on the Turkey Hill house in '98!
Post a Comment