Announcing The Complete Jane Austen Knit-Along!I've always wanted to host a knit-along and love being a part of them. I nearly got one off the ground last year for people who knit while driving their commute but I realized I really shouldn't encourage people to knit and drive and actually stop doing it myself!
So what is a knit-along? It's when a group of people connected through the internet come together to all knit a particular pattern or with a particular yarn or even with a particular inspiration. Everyone posts their projects and shares their notes and thoughts. It's an amazing knitting phenomenon and over a hundred knit-alongs happened in 2007. Check out a list of what's already going on in 2008 here. I am hoping they'll add mine soon!
So what is The Complete Jane Austen Knit-Along? Masterpiece Theater will broadcast adaptations of all of Austen’s six novels, plus a new drama based on her life. It's the first time in tv history that her books have been broadcast as a complete collection. Join this knit along where we'll knit and watch the episodes together. Your knitting can but doesn't need to be inspired by Jane or her characters. Just share your projects and your thoughts on the adaptations.
How do you join? Just email me at pdxkatie@yahoo.com and I'll add you to the group. You'll be able to post your projects and comment on each adaptation as it is shown on PBS. First up? Persuasion on January 13th. Bring on the popcorn and the yarn!


2 comments:
11 days diet coke free?? YEA! sn
Do I have to knit? I'll be watching (hopefully) if the kids are in bed! I really need TIVO!
Post a Comment