Monday, August 20, 2007

block party success

I took on the organization of our block party this year since I was off on maternity leave and, in theory, had time to do this. We hadn't had a party since I planned the last one four years ago. But our block has had a fabulous reincarnation - lots of new families with young kids and everyone is fun and likes to hang out. I have a theory about our neighborhood. Some people move to Alameda for the "cache" of the hood and want it to be an upscale, slightly snooty place - but the reality is a little more homey and family oriented. With some luck - a couple of "those" families have moved on to find more exclusive digs, leaving us with a very simpatico hood.
So the party came off really well. Lots of food, kid fun like the jumpy castle, face painting, crafts, and the local fire house came with the big truck. After the party, we reassembled up at one house for lots of wine and pizza. I woke up this morning with my jammy pants on inside out and backwards. I call that kind of night a success.

No comments: